Smartish is seeking a detail-oriented and high-energy Project Manager to play a newly-created vital role in our rapidly growing successful start-up. You will manage all of our product development project timelines and collaborate with our entire team for successful product launches.
In addition to the day-to-day management of project tasks, this position will be responsible for facilitating inter-department project communication, auditing and improving project efficiencies and prioritizing project duties with our staff's daily tasks.
You will be working with a small team of fellow tech-savvy folk as you help propel our 13-year-old company into the next phase of exponential growth. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated and all-in individual who is skillful at managing multiple timelines and project tasks end-to-end with a collaborative and spirited team.
Manage Product timelines
• Develop, track, and manage project plan, budget, and timeline; primarily within new product development
• Manage project scope and changes, document/communicate timelines
• Identify and track KPIs and success metrics; provide regular reporting
• Daily management of internal and external resources
• Develop project plans including: goals, strategy, staffing, resource requirements, communication tactics, timelines and success metrics
• Create a project structure for team leads that includes timelines, project plans, tasks, team responsibilities and status reporting
• Facilitate project planning sessions and regular meetings
Distribute & Follow Project Tasks
• Provide clear task objectives and completion expectations to assignees
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members, with assistance of team leads
• Mentor & guide team how to complete tasks without the need to follow-up
• Follow-up on task status, as needed
Facilitate Inter-Department Project Communication
• Coordinate project communications across a diverse team of operations, marketing, product development
• Collaborate and partner with departments to develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan for new product launches
• Work with department heads to procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned time frames
Prioritize Teams Daily vs Project Duties
• Balance department resources between daily duties and project tasks
• Advocate for team time and resources in order to meet project timelines
• Assist task assignees with balancing and prioritizing duties
Audit & Improve Project Efficiencies
• Create project KPIs to be measured as success criteria
• Collect feedback from team members during and after project completion
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, and opportunities
• Continuously improve existing project processes, tools, and workflows
• 2-4 years successfully leading and managing projects in fast-growing small-to-mid-sized businesses
• Preferably experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry and physical product development
• Highly driven, self-motivated with a demonstrated track record of leading organizational change
• Well organized and structured thinker with an ability to build project plans from scratch
• Proven experience in challenging existing processes, developing unique solutions to problems, and managing multiple projects at one time
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly on executive level briefings
• Comfortable in a fast-pace, dynamic, startup-mentality environment
• Must like tacos
• Austin residents preferred
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Performance-based bonuses
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Paid Holidays + PTO
Are we a fit for each other? Let's find out. We know resumes only tell a small part of your story. Here's what to expect:
• 20-30 minute pre-screen phone call.
• In-person 1-hour interview + tour of the office.
• Mini homework assignment that demonstrates your skill sets required for this position.
• Final interview (if needed)
• Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Project Manager," a paragraph biography that tells us more about you and what interests you in this position and, of course, your resume.
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll reach out via email within a couple of days to start the conversation. Like many companies with start-up origins, we operate at a rapid pace so you can expect a swift, transparent interview process that values your time and ours.